We are about more than work, though that is something we want our members to do in our space. Our members will grow their businesses, themselves, and each other. We will all grow professionally, personally, and creatively. We are about working and growing — together.
Our Rowan Tree coworking and cogrowth community that allows you to:
- Work in an open space, collaborating and networking with smart, innovative, and like-minded women
- Get your wellness and creativity on through provided “creative catalysts” and an on-site fitness studio
- Work in focused “quiet” spaces, as needed, or meet with clients or teams in private conference rooms
- Participate in thought-provoking and fun, educational, social, and community focused events
- Develop mentor and mentee relationships that can help guide and navigate your career path
- Give back to the community through our 5 to 1 membership model; for every five memberships, one scholarship will be given to a woman who might not otherwise have access to the space.
Absolutely. We welcome awesome men and non-binary people. Why? Even though our programming is focused on women and created by women, we believe different perspectives bring a richer environment. And frankly — we love men! Our husbands have been our biggest cheerleaders, and many men in the community have provided us invaluable support.
Not full time. One day we hope to! However, we do try to accommodate parents as much as possible:
- We will have some special event childcare, as well as some onsite childcare during certain school days, such as snow days or professional development days, TBD.
- Do you have a baby 6 months old or less? Bring her!
- Finally, we will have a lactation room where you can just relax as much as possible.
As working moms ourselves, we know it’s hard — maybe impossible — to get in workouts, grow professionally, and nurture our creative and personal sides. That’s why we are offering it all in one place. We have partners who are helping us create core programming around wellness, professional development and leadership, and creativity and personal growth. All of our programming will have some key elements in common: You won’t hear the typical DC jargon. We are about authenticity, refreshing and creative thinking, and above all, being good people who are good to each other.
Is it $2,400 for a year membership and this includes programs and daily basic business infrastructure needs?
Yes: Monthly ($275/month) and Annual Memberships ($2400/year) include:
- Access to high-speed wired and wireless internet
- Access to printers + office amenities
- Premium coffee + tea
- Onsite yoga + wellness classes
- Access to unlimited Rowan Tree professional + personal growth programming
- Conference room session credits (2 hours per month)
- Member pricing on all event space reservations
- Member pricing on special events
- Add-ons include credits for printing, wellness programming; and additional credits for conference room sessions; locker rental; mail and package handling.
- Annual members only: The right to 24/7 access (price and/or deposit for keys to be determined)
- Monthly members: Access to the space during normal operating hours (9:00am – 5:00pm Monday thru Friday, except holidays), as well as freedom to use the space during other hours if manager is present.
We are working on obtaining our flagship space in Herndon, Virginia! In the meantime, we will host regular pop-up coworking at places like ArtSpace and some other fun spots. Visit our website http://workrowan.com for updates on events.
- Most conference room rentals in the area run between $35-$90/hour in the area. We are researching pricing models to make sure our prices are fair yet can keep us open!
- Search http://www.evenues.com/Meeting-Spaces/Search# to get some options.
- Other workspace examples in the region:
- https://makeoffices.com/virtual-offices/ – $75 for 2 hours/month conference room plus mailing/office services
- Play Work or Dash
- http://www.playworkdash.com/private-offices-dedicated-desks/ – 2 hours month conference space included for dedicated desk ($300/month)
We are ironing it out. Most conference room rentals in the area run between $35-$90/hour in the area. We are researching pricing models to make sure our prices are fair yet can keep us open!
Search http://www.evenues.com/Meeting-Spaces/Search# to get some options.
You are one of our earliest supporters and champions. By signing up for an annual membership early, you help shape our community into awesome. We will reach out to you for feedback and input as we build Rowan Tree and set our priorities.
You basically get free perks until we open our doors. Your official 12-month membership will kick off when we open our physical space this fall.
You join us for exclusive pre-launch events, event discounts, and enjoy a special thank-you $500 discount off your annual membership. You are with us on our journey, and will be next to us when we open our physical doors this fall.
The regular annual rate is $2400. If you are one of our first 30 Founding Members, you can get $600 off at $1800 for the whole year. After that, the rate goes up to $1900. (Still $500 off!)
For us: Your fee goes into our capital funds, which allows us to hold events, cover marketing costs, and other legal/management fees. It is also important because when others see we have Founding Members, it builds trust and credibility!
For you: You basically get free perks until we open our doors. Your official 12-month membership will kick off when we open our physical space this fall. In the meantime, you get FREE access to our pop-up coworking and other events. This will all include a workshop or session around wellness, professional, or personal growth. Non-members will be required to pay a small fee.
We know it’s a lot to ask people — hey, give us your money even though we don’t have an official building yet! But as we mentioned, you will be part of a community before we even open our doors. You will enjoy meeting new people, and being part of a movement. You will help shape Rowan Tree through your ideas, brilliance, and spirit.
You will also get your money back if for any reason we don’t open.
Yes, to receive the perks of Founding Membership, we ask that you purchase your membership for the whole year.
Yes. If we do not open our doors, you will get your money back. That is a promise we don’t think we will ever need to make good on though!
We know it’s a lot to ask for some people. If you are just dying to become a member, but are truly strapped, get in touch with us at [email protected]. We can find ways to figure it out. We want people with us who WANT to be a part of the community.
Nope! We have several options, and we are raising the capital to nail down a space in Herndon. We are two women with families, and we don’t believe in putting our entire life on the line to get a great space. So we are putting in our own money, crowdfunding, and seeking investors to help us get started. We do know this: We will have a space this fall.
In the meantime, we will host regular pop-up coworking at places like ArtSpace and some other fun spots. Visit our website http://workrowan.com for updates on events.