Frequently Asked Questions
We are about more than work, though that is something we want our members to do in our space. Our members will grow their businesses, themselves, and each other. We will all grow professionally, personally, and creatively. We are about working and growing — together.
Our Rowan Tree coworking and cogrowth community that allows you to:
- Work in an open space, collaborating and networking with smart, innovative, and like-minded women
- Get your wellness and creativity on through provided “creative catalysts” and an on-site fitness studio
- Work in focused “quiet” spaces, as needed, or meet with clients or teams in private conference rooms
- Participate in thought-provoking and fun, educational, social, and community focused events
- Develop mentor and mentee relationships that can help guide and navigate your career path
- Give back to the community through our 5 to 1 membership model; for every five memberships, one scholarship will be given to a woman who might not otherwise have access to the space.
Absolutely. We welcome awesome men and non-binary people. Why? Even though our programming is focused on women and created by women, we believe different perspectives bring a richer environment. And frankly — we love men! Our husbands have been our biggest cheerleaders, and many men in the community have provided us invaluable support.
Not full time. One day we hope to! However, we do try to accommodate parents as much as possible:
- We will have some special event childcare, as well as some onsite childcare during certain school days, such as snow days or professional development days, TBD.
- Do you have a baby 6 months old or less? Bring her!
- Finally, we will have a lactation room where you can just relax as much as possible.
As working moms ourselves, we know it’s hard — maybe impossible — to get in workouts, grow professionally, and nurture our creative and personal sides. That’s why we are offering it all in one place. We have partners who are helping us create core programming around wellness, professional development and leadership, and creativity and personal growth. All of our programming will have some key elements in common: You won’t hear the typical DC jargon. We are about authenticity, refreshing and creative thinking, and above all, being good people who are good to each other.
Is it $2,400 for a year membership and this includes programs and daily basic business infrastructure needs?
Yes: Monthly ($275/month) and Annual Memberships ($2400/year) include:
- Access to high-speed wired and wireless internet
- Access to printers + office amenities
- Premium coffee + tea
- Onsite yoga + wellness classes
- Access to unlimited Rowan Tree professional + personal growth programming
- Conference room session credits (2 hours per month)
- Member pricing on all event space reservations
- Member pricing on special events
- Add-ons include credits for printing, wellness programming; and additional credits for conference room sessions; locker rental; mail and package handling.
- Annual members only: The right to 24/7 access (price and/or deposit for keys to be determined)
- Monthly members: Access to the space during normal operating hours (9:00am – 5:00pm Monday thru Friday, except holidays), as well as freedom to use the space during other hours if manager is present.
We are located in the Sunset Business Park at 280 Sunset Park Dr. Herndon, VA 20170
To get here, you turn in from Spring Street, make a quick left, then a quick right. We are right around the corner from the cleaners!
- There are definitely other spaces, but none offer the same coworking + cogrowth vibe we do. However, if you are checking out some other spaces, here is some info for you. We believe that we should support other businesses and make sure members find their best fit.
- First, cost: Most conference room rentals in the area run between $35-$90/hour in the area. We took time to make sure our memberships and conference spaces were comparable:
- Search http://www.evenues.com/Meeting-Spaces/Search# to get some options.
- Other workspace examples in the region:
- https://makeoffices.com/virtual-offices/ – $75 for 2 hours/month conference room plus mailing/office services
- Play Work or Dash – a great place if you need childcare!
http://www.playworkdash.com/private-offices-dedicated-desks/ – 2 hours month conference space included for dedicated desk ($300/month)
- Refraction – A bit of a different vibe, but a similar awesome model! While we are focused more on the centering of work, wellness, productivity and creativity, Refraction is very focused on helping startups scale up. A great group!
Most conference room rentals in the area run between $35-$90/hour in the area. We took time to make sure our memberships and conference spaces were comparable.
|Meeting Room 2 (Medium)||Meeting Room 2 (Medium)||Meeting Room 3 (Small)||Event space
|Resource Type:||Medium meeting room - capacity 7-10||Medium meeting room - capacity 7-10||Small meeting room - capacity 2-3||Event space with room for 50-75|
|Name:||The Loft||The Quiet Corner||The Nest||The Rowan Tree Event Space|
|Description:||his cool room is on the second floor, glass enclosed, and overlooks the whole space. This room offers a conference phone and TV monitor that you can hook up to your laptop. |
There is currently no door but we have will have a privacy screen. There is a short flight of stairs to get to this room.
|This room is tucked away in the back corner, enclosed in reclaimed wood and glass. It is soundproof and a great place to get away and brainstorm. This room offers a conference phone and TV monitor that you can hook up to your laptop.||This cozy room is right outside the action but will be enclosed in frosted glass for privacy. Great for small conferences, 1:1 meetings, or private phone calls.||Rowan Tree can provide a wonderful venue for an evening or weekend event! With its high ceilings, reclaimed wood and tailored metal work, twinkle lights and touches of bold, color throughout, our space provides a funky, warm space full of character.
We have a large space where guests can connect, sit and watch a presentation, or just dance. Or from our mezzanine, guests can enjoy the view, have fun, and mingle. We also have a secondary space on the other side of our main event space where guests where guests can spill over or you can use to run a fun creative or physical activity.
We offer a top-of-the line monitor, and a great sound system for music, speeches, and videos. Whether you are hosting a cocktail, engagement, or retirement party, an educational event, fundraiser, a movie screening, or another type of event, our Rowan Tree House is an awesome space that no one will forget!
|Half Day Price (4 Hours):||$175||$175||$110||$500|
|Full Day Price (daily cap):||$325||$325||$190||$750|