- This event has passed.
Increasing Self-Awareness Using the Johari Window Framework
November 6, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Marissa Levin of Successful Culture International is bringing one of 14 Modules from the SCALE Academy (Successful Culture Advanced Leadership Education) Academy to Rowan Tree.
Workshop Objective: The Johari Window
It’s proven that leaders and team members that know and understand themselves (strengths and weaknesses) are far more effective than those that don’t know themselves and have blind spots.
By learning the 4 panes of the Johari Window, how they shift, the advantage and disadvantages of each pane, and how to move towards a large open pane, they will improve how they lead themselves and how they lead others.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the overall purpose of the Johari Window.
- Identify the 4 quadrants: Open, Blind, Hidden, Unknown.
- Explain the purpose of Quadrant 1: “Open Self” or “Free Area” and how to develop this area in oneself and others.
- Explain the purpose of Quadrant 2: “Blind Self” or “Blind Area” and how to reduce this area so that one’s blind spots diminish.
- Explain the purpose of Quadrant 3: “Hidden Self” or “Hidden Area” and how to safely move oneself or another from Quadrant 3 to Quadrant 1 by creating a safe environment.
- Explain the purpose of Quadrant 4: “Unknown Self” or “Unknown Area” and how to discover information or hidden talents about oneself or another to minimize this quadrant and move towards Quadrant 1.
- Activate the Johari Window in a leadership capacity and team environment to facilitate a culture of trust, transparency, growth, and communication.
INVESTMENT: FREE for Rowan Tree Members (use your Promo Code)/$20 for Non-Members
Photo by Laurent Perren on Unsplash