Living with Cancer: Discovering Transformative Support Along the Way
September 19 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
1 in 3 of us will be affected by a cancer diagnosis either directly or indirectly in our lifetime. It’s a difficult road. We have gathered a panel of amazing women and thrivers to chat about their journey with cancer.
Facilitated by Dana Hutson of Cancer Champions, we will discuss the hardships, the transformations, the best type of support they received, and tips and guidance for those supporting someone dealing with cancer.
In this open and safe space, we will discuss concepts such as:
- Support role: How we communicate, what to do, and what language is most helpful
- Gaps to support the cancer community
- How to navigate insurance
- Helpful products or services
- Things for employers to consider how to support employees navigating a health challenge as a patient or family caregiver
- The end of active treatment as the beginning of navigating a new normal with a new perspective
- Returning to work…or not
Who should attend:
- Those experiencing a cancer diagnosis
- Family members and friends who are supporting someone with cancer
- Business owners or employers who want to support their employees
This event is part of a larger series, Rowan Real Talks: Practical Conversations for Living Well.